Wednesday 25 September 2013

Vent - Calzona.

GREY'S ANATOMY - CALZONA: 

Okay. I need to get this off my chest before the 10th season premieres. So. To start, I love Callie. I LOVE her. I watch the Callie Torres tag on Tumblr like a hawk. It is a problem. I also love Arizona AND I love them together (Calzona).




And for those of you are wondering who these randoms are or would like a re-cap, here is a present for you: Callie was incredibly sad because Erica (her sort of not really maybe kind of girlfriend) left her in the hospital parking lot so she went into the bathroom of Joes and was having somewhat of a sob. Nek minnit Arizona comes in and gives her the sweetest pep talk (I just… my heart) and kisses her. So they start going out. Things are good but then after a while Callie finds out Arizona NEVER wants kids ‘not in her life or her house or her womb’. This completely derails their relationship and they broke up but then this CRAZY gunman enters the hospital and starts shooting people up (Derek, my sweet bb) and Arizona realises she can’t live without Callie and ‘their ten kids’.

Right. Moving on. So all is good again. NEK MINNIT. Arizona wins this crazy prestigious Carter Madison grant WHICH REQUIRES HER TO MOVE TO AFRICA (seriously. Can you believe it?) and Callie decides to go with her. BUT. As is completely understandable, she was a bit upset. I MEAN HOW WOULD YOU FEEL? HAVING TO MOVE TO AFRICA BECAUSE YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER WON’T CONSIDER TURNING IT DOWN. And this showed. So Arizona got all butthurt and left Callie in the MIDDLE OF THE AIRPORT.

Right. How awful. I STILL CAN’T BELIEVE SHE DID THAT. UGHHHH. Moving on. Callie was obviously distraught. I mean, the girl has been through a lot of heartbreak. First, her husband cheated on her. Then, her sort of not really maybe kind of girlfriend left her in a parking lot AND NOW THE PERSON SHE THOUGHT SHE WOULD SPEND THE REST OF HER LIFE WITH ABANDONED HER IN THE MIDDLE OF AN AIRPORT. So she goes out with her friends. Gets a little drunk. Sleeps with Mark., her best friend.

NEK MINNIT.

Arizona comes back. Begs for Callie’s forgiveness. Callie tells her she’s pregnant with Mark’s baby.  This is already a massive deal but you need to understand that Arizona never really liked Mark because he and Callie were kind of a think back in the day. To add to this, Arizona never had any qualms at about letting Callie know she disliked the fact that Callie is bisexual and not a full-ledged lesbian.  (WHICH IS OFFENSIVE, CAN I JUST SAY). Thus, Callie sleeping with a man severely damaged her ego.

MOVING ON.

They get back together. All is good. Decide to raise the baby (to be named Sofia) together (Mark, Callie and Arizona) and all is great again.

NEK MINNIT

Arizona and a very pregnant Callie get into a car accident because Arizona proposed to her AND DIDN’T WATCH THE ROAD (UGHHHHHHHHH). Callie and the baby almost die. But they don’t. Which is very, very good.

All is good.  Sofia’s growing up. All the co-parenting is working out for everyone. Calzona is stronger than ever.

NEK MINNIT.


Arizona is in a plane crash. With Mark and a lot of other characters. (This episode actually broke my heart and I’m still not over it). So when they get back, Arizona’s leg is severely damaged. Mark dies. (STILL NOT OVER HIS DEATH). Despite Callie’s best efforts (she’s an orthopaedic surgeon) and the fact that she promised Arizona she wouldn’t have to amputate, she did. ONLY BECAUSE ARIZONA WAS CODING AND THE INFECTION WOULD HAVE TAKEN OVER HER BODY AND SHE WOULD HAVE DIED. SO CALLIE DECIDED TO CUT OFF HER LEG TO SAVE HER WIFE’S LIFE. BECAUSE AN ARIZONA MINUS A LEG IS BETTER THAN NO ARIZONA.

Okay. So post-surgery, Arizona pretty much is the biggest bitch to Callie. YOU WOULDN’T EVEN BELIEVE HOW HORRIBLE SHE WAS. (Which. I admit. Is kind of understandable but still. SHE WOULD HAVE DIED OTHERWISE. SHE WOULD NEVER HAVE SEEN CALLIE OR SOFIA AGAIN. AND I JUST.. HOW DID SHE NOT UNDERSTAND THAT?)

Anyway. After months of taking all this crapola from Arizona, things finally start getting better. All is good. They work through their issues. Sofia is happy. Callie is happy. Arizona is happy… OR SO WE THOUGHT.

NEK MINNIT. ARIZONA SLEEPS WITH SOME RANDOM DOCTOR SHE KNEW FOR ALL OF THREE DAYS WHEN IT TOOK HER MONTHS TO LET HER OWN WIFE BE REMOTELY INTIMATE WITH HER AFTER THE PLANE CRASH.

AND THEN. WAIT FOR IT. WAIT FOR IT.

WHEN CALLIE FINDS OUT, ARIZONA HAS THE NERVE TO PRETTY MUCH BLAME CALLIE. ARIZONA YELLS AT HER AND TELLS CALLIE THAT SHE DIDN’T LOSE ANYTHING (even though Callie’s BEST FRIEND AND SOFIA’S FATHER DIED AND ARIZONA ALMOST DIED AS WELL) AND THEN. WAIT FOR IT. CALLIE REPLIES WITH… ‘Apparently I lost you’. (I AM STILL NOT OVER THIS AND MY HEART BREAKS EVERY TIME).

Okay. So where my post season 10 sneak peek rant part starts is here: 


Can I just say, how is Arizona not begging for Callie’s forgiveness? Pretty sure I would be on the floor crying, begging and just grovelling. THE GUILT WOULD EAT ME ALIVE. And yeah, Arizona is probably still pissed at Callie for cutting off her leg when she promised otherwise but gurl, be real.

HOW NAIVE IS SHE TO BELIEVE CALLIE WHEN SHE PROMISED SHE WOULDN’T CUT IT OFF IN THE FIRST PLACE. Like yeah, she’s your wife and you trusted her ‘more than anybody’. But Arizona’s a surgeon too. As if she wouldn’t have her doubts. AND WHAT DID SHE EXPECT CALLIE TO SAY WHEN SHE MADE THAT PROMISE? ‘Sorry. You’re having a breakdown right in front of me but I can’t promise you you’ll keep your leg. Stop crying. K thanks’. 

LITERALLY THE WORST SITUATION POSSIBLE.

And I don’t care what anyone else posts on Tumblr about how there should be no ‘team Callie’ or ‘team Arizona’ but we should all just be ‘team Calzona’. EXCUSE ME SNAPS FINGERS I CAN BE ON WHOSEVER TEAM I WANT TO BE. And I have to say, I’m siding with Callie on this one. I understand Arizona has PTSD and CLEARLY LOST HER DAMN MIND but it doesn’t make what she did right. AND IT CERTAINLY DOESN’T MAKE WHAT SHE’S DONE IN THE PAST RIGHT EITHER. How many times has she broken Callie’s heart? It’s AWFUL. And judging by the sneak peek, Callie is NOT standing for it which I am so glad for because she is a BAMF (as evidenced by the below gif) and Arizona deserves to get her ass handed to her (still though, my poor bb I’m so sorry you lost your leg and had to go through that).

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Rant/


Callie being a BAMF:





- Jasmine.


1. http://static.tumblr.com/7eaa9ce023b9d1666c033e3aaf1c979b/ifptyix/I98mgg07g/tumblr_static_calzona.jpg

2. http://media.tumblr.com/14280d198763d531aead5f42f529dd49/tumblr_inline_mtm3vetlux1qhz2yg.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment