Tuesday 8 October 2013

Misc: Ichabod Crane/ Tom Mison

Ok to be fair this isn’t really anything more than fangirl musings. But seriously I just can’t help myself. This man is just too perfect. And when I say “this man” I’m not quite sure which one I’m talking about. Ichabod or Tom. To me they’re one and the same. And to him too it seems. In a recent interview he said, "None of what you see from Ichabod is acting… I'm generally that baffled constantly." Which I don’t find hard to believe. I’ve actually seen quite a bit of Mr. Mison before he landed this role, and throughout the roles I’ve seen him play and the way he normally comports himself in interviews and such; it’s obvious that his adorkable demeanour comes quite naturally.

I first saw him as Mr Bingley in the BBC miniseries “Lost in Austen” which also has a similar premise, in which a classic is taken and thrown into a modern context. Complete with time travel and the inevitable upheaval and chaos that this creates. And I have to say it was love at first sight. I remember when no one but my friends and I knew who Tom Mison even was. We used to watch “Lost In Austen” all the time, and we totally fell in love with Tom as Mr Bingley. So much so that he became our ideal hot guy and we fangirled about him ALL the time. And this was years ago. Now all of a sudden he’s getting more well-known and it so weird… like other people actually know who he is?! So yeah I feel a bit possessively jealous… but c’mon you can hardly blame me. I mean even my mother is in love with him. We were watching the first episode a while back and she was like, "He looks like Jesus.... *pause*... but like a hot Jesus" <-- this is the truth.



And she is so on the right track. I mean with the sexy facial hair, high cheekbones, smouldering blue eyes and luscious, flowing hair that would make any Pantene model jelly; he’s just irresistible. In fact it seems like every outdoor shot of him looks like he’s in a shampoo commercial. Like for real. Just look at my hair blowing softly in the gentle breeze…


And oh the voice. The accent. The BODY


Gah he’s the perfect package. Really he is. And he sure knows how to rock period costume. So playing the part of a man-out-of-time?... yeah he’s so got this. If you don’t find him attractive, then you’re a rotten liar. And I’m just going to stop right there. I think I’m having heart palpitations… Oh Tom save me *swoons*


-B

No comments:

Post a Comment