Monday 7 October 2013

Review: Suits Season 3 (SO FAR)

Okay to me this show is pure perfection. Why?

Harvey Specter. Enough said.

Gif from: http://dekolette.tumblr.com/post/7461190112

Okay so in all seriousness I think this is one of the most brilliant shows on television. But I'm not here to tell you why (because otherwise this blog post would go on forever) I'm here to discuss season 3 of Suits so far.

So this season was a bit different in that it had one prolonged case, Hessington Oil, which covered basically the entire season (so far) and this season also entailed Harvey and Jessica, not as a team but as rivals, with Harvey's goal to become a named partner and get his name on that damned mast head.

In all honesty I didn't really like this side of Harvey and Jessica's relationship. I did not like seeing them as rivals. To me they make a great team and to watch them go back and forth was annoying. I love Jessica, she is one of those dominant female roles that just absolutely kick ass (not to mention she has an impeccable wardrobe).

One of the other key story lines within this season was the relationship between Mike and Rachel (finally!). Now I really like seeing them together and after that steamy season 2 ending which was so hot I was literally on fire, I felt like season 3 explored their relationship pretty well. I really do like them together and I hope that this season doesn't end with a split between them. However, I do see Rachel as being a bit flaky with Mike's secret just because I could see her get mad at him and then go and report him.


Photo from: http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/rachel-and-mike/images/31221163/title/suits-s2-cast-mike-rachel-photo

This season also showed history into Harvey and Donna's relationship and further explored the dynamic between them. To me they are an unbelievable duo and ultimately must be together- I mean they just have to. However, we do have the return of Scottie and Harvey opening his heart up to her (oh gosh, yes I went there) and that he wants her in his life. To be honest, I don't really like them together and frankly Scottie just annoys me, because even though she's such a bad ass on her own she's so helplessly in love with Harvey that'll she'd probably do just about anything to be with him. And I really just want Harvey and Donna together.

So overall, I've found this season of Suits a bit slow. It's been a bit boring as well. I'm sick of the Hessington Oil case and the fact that it seems like there's always someone trying to completely destroy someone else. I wish they'd show Jessica more, her character is so powerful they could do so much with it. Hopefully the next half of the season will pick things up again because this show is bloody brilliant!

-Sinia

No comments:

Post a Comment